Addie represents clients in both the transactional and litigation aspects of the oil and gas industry. She has significant experience in drafting and negotiating all manner of oil and gas contracts, including master service agreements, flight service agreements, time charters, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and agreements allocating plugging and abandonment liability among the parties. She has represented clients in the acquisition and divestiture of both onshore and offshore oil and gas assets and advises clients on title and title curative matters. In addition, she has advised her clients in equity transactions and financings as well as corporate restructurings.
Addie has substantial experience in a wide array of federal regulatory matters and focuses her practice on bonding and financial assurance requirements for owners and operators of offshore oil and gas leases mandated by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (“BOEM”). She has substantial experience in navigating the exemption process for supplemental bonding and in analyzing and appealing decommissioning assessments from the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (“BSEE”). She has also litigated a variety of contractual disputes, including indemnity claims, and has served as special counsel to an offshore operator debtor-in-possession, advising the client in all BOEM and BSEE matters.
Addie’s prior, first-hand experience in the oil and gas and maritime industries as Director of Administration for the Americas Division of SEACOR Marine, LLC and Director of Business Development for the Greater Lafourche Port Commission, administering Port Fourchon, provides a unique skill set upon which her clients rely.
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University College of Law (New Orleans), 2010
- B.A., magna cum laude, English, Nicholls State University, 2000
- Helped form, create and qualify Bennu Oil & Gas, LLC with the Department of the Interior and assisted Bennu with obtaining an exemption from the BOEM requirement to post supplemental financial security.
- Represented Bennu Oil & Gas, LLC in its acquisition of offshore oil and gas assets.
- Represented EnVen Energy Ventures, LLC in its acquisition of onshore Louisiana and offshore Gulf of Mexico oil and gas assets.
- Represented EnVen Energy Ventures, LLC in its equity raise, re-financings and general regulatory and offshore matters.
- Represented ATP Oil & Gas Corporation as special oil and gas and regulatory counsel in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding; In re: ATP Oil & Gas Corporation, Case No. 12-36187, USBC SDTX.
- Represents clients in offshore regulatory matters, including appealing BOEM and BSEE orders to the Interior Board of Land Appeals (“IBLA”).
- Represents clients in the negotiation and drafting of contracts (MSA’s, time charters, PSA’s, confidentiality agreements, abandonment fund agreements, etc.).
- Represents independent oil and gas companies in all facets of their offshore exploration, production and development activities in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represents clients in a variety of business matters associated with oil and gas operations, including both litigation and transactional matters.
- Represents clients in a variety of litigation matters involving offshore contracts.
- Represents independent oil and gas companies in legacy lawsuits, alleging environmental contamination and invoking Louisiana’s Act 312 of 2006.
Publications and Speeches
- The Ins and Outs of MSA’s and JOA’s, presented at the EUCI Offshore Contracts Seminar, May 2014.
- BOEM/BSEE P&A Liability Estimates and Resulting Financial Security Requirements, presented at the Oil & Gas Symposium on Changes to Bonding Requirements and an OCS Regulatory Update, November 2013.
- Louisiana Legislative and Case Law Update 2011, presented at the AAPL Gulf Coast Land Institute, October 2011.