Robert works closely with clients on general corporate matters, including drafting Joint Operating Agreements, corporate organizational documents, assignments of stock ownership, and revocable and irrevocable Power of Attorney instruments. Robert routinely performs title research on mineral properties and advises clients on their rights and responsibilities in oil and gas leases, Joint Operating Agreements, and Joint Ventures. He also provides clients with legal opinions analyzing corporate tax matters and tax elections.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2017
- B.A., University of Colorado, 2012
- Routinely draft and review corporate organizational documents, such as corporate bylaws, company operating agreements, and organizational minutes.
- Routinely review Joint Operating Agreements (JOA) and draft JOA legal opinions, advising clients on their rights and responsibilities as operators or non-operators.
- Perform title research and title curative on Texas oil and gas properties.
- Draft documents for the purchase and sale of stock, stock options, and accompanying tax reporting documents.
- Create and file short form and long form natural gas export applications from the United States.
- Prepare legal opinions analyzing IRS reporting requirements for mergers and acquisitions involving foreign energy corporations.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Texas Bar Association
- Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section of the State Bar of Texas