Legal Assistant/Receptionist for Looper Goodwine P.C. – New Orleans, LA
601 Poydras Street, Suite 2200, New Orleans, LA 70130
Looper Goodwine P.C. is a transactional and energy litigation law firm with offices in Houston and New Orleans. Our lawyers handle a wide range of services for our clients including complex domestic and international onshore and offshore oil and gas transactions, energy litigation, and regulatory matters. Looper Goodwine P.C. is seeking a highly motivated and adaptable individual to serve a dual role as legal assistant and receptionist for our New Orleans office. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 5:00.
In the role of legal assistant, you will provide secretarial and administrative support to attorneys with a commitment to producing quality work product and maintaining an atmosphere professionalism and teamwork. This position demands excellent computer proficiency, exceptional word processing and document formatting skills, and the ability to complete projects with a high degree of accuracy. As a receptionist for the Firm, you are the first person with whom clients and visitors interact. A successful candidate will be a polished, professional, and articulate individual who possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and is able to maintain a pleasant and reassuring tone when answering calls and greeting visitors. Send email applications to email@example.com to the attention of Erin Keating.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients/visitors and answer inquiries.
- Answer and direct incoming calls to appropriate extension or voicemail using a multi-line telephone system. Intercept and manage solicitation calls.
- Take and deliver messages to attorneys.
- Assist with preparation of physical files for new client matters.
- Perform word processing of drafts, revisions, and final documents for client-related matters. This includes proofreading work for accuracy, redlining documents for comparison, copying, formatting, grammar, and syntax.
- Prepare and maintain physical and electronic files for contacts and client-related matters, includes use of document management software.
- Perform tasks associated with firm administration including processing of new client/matter requests, client bills, time reports and expense reports.
- Maintain and schedule conference rooms.
- Coordinate meetings, conference call and appointments.
- Prepare set up for meetings and depositions.
- Maintain cleanliness of waiting area, lobby, and other public areas.
- Scanning, photocopying, and faxing.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Impeccable phone etiquette essential.
- Proficient in the English language, both oral and written.
- Proficiency on standard office equipment.
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills and proven attention to detail.
- Flexibility to respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team, take initiative, set
- priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Previous receptionist and professional office setting experience required. Law firm experience preferred.