Lindsey came to the firm with a background in employment law. While continuing to handle various employment law matters for the firm’s clients, Lindsey’s practice is focused on litigation and bankruptcy matters in the energy industry. She has been involved in a number of recent energy bankruptcies and has experience in representing both sureties and oil and gas lessees.
In addition to her litigation practice, Lindsey has experience in transactional and regulatory matters related to the joint exploration and development of oil and gas reserves. Lindsey’s transaction and regulatory experience includes regulatory advice and counseling with respect to the following: general and supplemental bonding and financial assurance requirements; unitization; suspensions of production, and plugging and abandonment and decommissioning obligations.
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University College of Law (New Orleans), 2012
- B.S., in Psychology, magna cum laude, University of New Orleans, 2007
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
- Western District of Louisiana
- Southern District of Texas
- Represents energy clients in bankruptcy, debt restructuring, and collection proceedings.
- Represents clients in offshore regulatory matters, including appealing Bureau of Ocean Energy Management and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement orders to the Interior Board of Land Appeals
- Represents clients in a variety of business matters associated with energy and oil and gas operations, including both litigation and transactional matters.
- Represents clients in a variety of litigation matters involving offshore contracts
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2016-2021)
Publications & Speeches
- Ethics for Landmen and Lawyers, Professional Landmen’s Association of New Orleans Virtual Seminar, Speaker; May 2021.
- Revisiting Treatment of P&A Obligations in Oil & Gas Bankruptcies – 2019 Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, State Bar of Texas: Bankruptcy Law Section, Panelist; April 2019.
- Offshore Plugging & Abandonment / Decommissioning Liabilities – Your Rights to Priority Payment From A Bankrupt Debtor…or So You Thought! – Turnaround Management Association Monthly Lecture, Panelist; May 2017.
- Navigating Workplace Investigation Landmines, Essential Issues Affecting In-House Counsel and Corporate Attorneys Conference, September 26, 2014.
- Accommodation Request Need Not Be Tied to Essential Job Function, SHRM.org, October 17, 2013.