EnVen Prince Platform, owned and operated by Looper Goodwine client Energy Ventures.
Looper Goodwine advises a diverse group of oil and gas clients on all facets of operations, exploration, development, and production in the Gulf of Mexico. We represent owners of oil and gas interests in acquisitions and divestitures, title matters, contract negotiation and drafting, and a variety of litigation matters. We also represent clients in administrative hearings before local, state, and federal agencies such as the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, the Office of Natural Resources Revenue, the Interior Board of Land Appeals, the Louisiana State Mineral and Energy Board, and the Louisiana Office of Conservation. We have extensive experience in all facets of OCSLA, applicable regulations promulgated by BOEM, BSEE, and ONRR, and the policies utilized by the regulators affecting the offshore industry on the OCS and maritime issues. We have also assisted clients with BSEE decommissioning assessment analysis and challenges and implementing optimal bonding and financial assurance programs to satisfy BOEM. We have also challenged BOEM, BSEE, and ONRR orders through the IBLA and in court, and have participated as special oil and gas counsel to several high profile chapter 11 debtors.
Looper Goodwine’s experience includes:
- Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act matters
- BOEM/BSEE regulatory matters
- Louisiana Mineral and Energy Board and Office of Conservation matters
- Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act, Louisiana Operators/Non-Operators Lien Act and Louisiana Private Works Act matters
- Special counsel to trustees, debtors-in-possession, and official committees in oil and gas bankruptcies