Taylor Mouledoux advises clients on a variety of oil and gas matters and practices extensively in the areas of business and energy litigation. His experience includes litigation involving environmental claims, mineral lease disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, production handling disputes, oil well and maritime liens, and various other oil and gas and commercial issues. Taylor also counsels clients regarding various maritime and energy contracts, including joint operating agreements, AMI agreements, master service agreements, and time charter agreements.
Taylor’s practice includes transactional and litigation matters involving the licensing and use of geophysical data, both onshore and offshore. He has represented seismic owners and licensees in negotiating master license agreements and has handled seismic litigation involving breach of contract and misappropriation of trade secrets. Taylor also advises clients regarding liens affecting mineral interests, particularly with respect to the Outer Continental Shelf, and he has given speeches on the Louisiana Oil Well Lien Act and its application to offshore properties.
- J.D., cum laude, Loyola University College of Law (New Orleans), 2008
- Loyola Law Review (Member, 2007-2008)
- B.B.A. in Economics, University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, 2005
- Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Westerns Districts of Louisiana
- Representation of ATP Oil & Gas Corporation in defense of in rem admiralty action asserting maritime and state law liens against the ATP Titan production facility located on the Outer Continental Shelf (Warrior Energy v. ATP TITAN, Case No. 13-30587, U.S. Fifth Circuit) (opinion available at http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/13/13-30587.0.pdf).
- Representation of Taylor Energy Company, LLC in defense of environmental citizen suit involving alleged violations of the Clean Water Act and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (Waterkeepers v. Taylor Energy Company, LLC, Case No. 12-00337, USDC EDLA).
- Representation of oil and gas company in responding to investigation of U.S Department of the Interior following loss of well control event on the Outer Continental Shelf.
- Representation of oil and gas company in negotiation of multiple seismic licenses and transfer fees in connection with private equity transaction.
- Representation of seismic licensing company in lawsuit for license fees owed under various master license agreements for seismic data on the Outer Continental Shelf.
- Representation of oil and gas company in dispute concerning misappropriation of seismic data and unfair trade practices.
- Representation of various oil and gas companies in environmental lawsuits by property owners involving property damage and groundwater contamination.
- Representation of chemical company in defense of class actions and mass actions arising from chemical releases and involving claims for personal injury, property damage, fear and fright, business interruption, and inconvenience.
- Representation of nationwide retailer in defense of premises liability cases involving claims for personal injury.
- Representation of national manufacturer in mass joinder hearing loss cases based on claims of industrial noise exposure.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Professional Landmen’s Association of New Orleans
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
Speeches & Presentations
- Offshore Liens, Presented at LORMAN Emerging Louisiana Legal and Land Issues on the Outer Continental Shelf, March 18, 2014.