Corporate and Tax
Corporate and Tax
The Corporate and Tax practice is led by firm Co-Founder and Shareholder Donald Looper, assisting clients with complex business, acquisition and contract matters and handling commercial transactions in all aspects of business. Our clients are public and privately held companies as well as venture partnerships. We have experience working with clients in a broad range of industries, including energy, manufacturing, technology, and finance.
In addition to handling complex transactions, our firm often acts as outside general counsel for our clients. Looper Goodwine lawyers provide guidance on legal matters and communicate with management, operations, and other personnel to ensure that our clients follow applicable laws and regulations. From due diligence to drafting legal opinions for financiers to mortgages, our team does everything in the lifespan of a company.
Our attorneys are skilled in implementing efficient tax structures while achieving the corporate objectives for our clients’ businesses. We are experienced in corporate tax, partnership tax, and international tax matters and structuring joint ventures in countries around the world. We guard our clients against negative tax implications and unnecessary spending.
Banking and Financial Services
Looper Goodwine represents both lenders and borrowers in a variety of financing transactions spanning a wide range of industries with a heavy focus on the oil & gas industry. The firm acts as counsel and handles negotiation and review of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, agreements, and other commercial contracts and ancillary agreements.
• Business formations; mergers and acquisitions; company wind down and dissolution
• Private equity and joint venture
• Corporate financing and project financing and development
• Oil and gas tax matters
• Compliance and regulatory matters
• Litigation and appeals
• Commercial lending and asset-based lending
• Asset acquisitions and divestures
• Contractual risk management programs
• Service and supply agreements and contracts
• International tax treaty applications and cross-border transactions